Monday, November 5, 2012

Update: 2012

Per my usual self, I start something and seldom follow through with it. For example.... this blog. I had the best of intentions when I wrote my first several posts, and then life happened and I just forgot to ever update again. Jumping right in-

Cooper is now a couple months shy of being 2 1/2 years old. His vocabulary is expanding and even includes the word "shit". (Yea, one of our not so proud parenting moments.) He is keen on direction- while driving he knows which way to turn to get to MawMaw's house and to school. During the day Cooper goes to Hickory Grove Church Daycare and will continue into preschool here. They staff are amazing and Coop loves them. That is all that matters! This child is nothing short of stubborn. He is more like me everyday- hard headed and driven. He continues to remain off the charts for his height in his age division. At his 2 year check-up he was 38" tall. The pediatrician estimates that he will surely pass 6', which is no surprise to any of us when looking at my family. He is destined to be the tallest Hon of all time! Coop has found a new love in life- Disney movies. The DVD player is his best friend and he is proficient at it's functions. Toy Story is an all time favorite and as would be the case, Cooper was "Woody" the Sheriff for Halloween.



The picture above was snapped right in the middle of him pointing to his butt and telling me that he pooped! I love his face and thought it was "blogworthy"!

In other news: Cooper is going to be a BIG BROTHER!! We are expecting our 2nd baby boy, Corbin, on Dec. 26 2012. He was a surprise, but a much welcomed one.


Corbin will be born via repeat c-section on Dec. 21 2012 at 7:30am as long as he doesn't try to make an appearance before that. At 30 weeks he was measuring 4lbs. 5oz. which is 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Again, no surprise there either! We knew we would have another large baby.

We talk about "bubby" and mention his name all the time to Cooper. He either has no idea what is going on, or he is great at choosing to ignore it! He will kiss my belly and say "hi" to bubby, but I am convinced he is just going through the motions and thinks mommy's belly is quite the attraction. 

I am exhausted, partially from worrying so much about what my life will be with two kids. I worry about how Cooper will feel. I worry how I will adjust and have enough love for everyone. All natural thoughts, but my goodness, they will eat you alive if you let them. In the end our family will be filled with love and happiness. Cooper will have a sibling and know the feeling of unconditional love from a best friend. What more could a mom ask for?!


No comments:

Post a Comment